The College of the Arts prepares students to be creative, critical and responsive professionals through our fine arts, design and performance programs. We serve our students and communities by means of collaborative, experiential, innovative, and globally relevant learning opportunities and partnerships.
The College of the Arts seeks to create a bridge between the arts and cultures of the world and the unique context and traditions of Acadiana.
- We are passionate about delivering exceptional teaching and mentoring, supported by faculty research and creative activity.
- We foster individual as well as collaborative initiatives in the arts, among the arts, and with other disciplines.
- We encourage teaching and learning rooted in traditional approaches and integrating evolving concepts and technologies.
- We strive to attract, build and celebrate a diverse body of students, faculty and staff.
- We enhance the cultural, civic and artistic environment of Lafayette, Acadiana, and all of Louisiana through community engagements of students, faculty and alumni.
- We seek to achieve the highest standards of professionalism in all that we produce.