The Department of Visual Arts – Dedicated: 2023 Student Juried Art Exhibition will be on display at the Fletcher Hal
Staff Spotlight: Amy WickenheiserMon, 09/27/2021 - 2:40pm
In order to highlight the important contributions of our staff to the college mission, and to introduce them to the entire college, we like to ‘Spotlight’ a staff member for each eNews. This issue features Amy Wickenheiser, Resource Coordinator for the College of the Arts. Also, view Amy's IMDB page!
- Amy Wickenheiser
- Job Title
- College Resource Coordinator
- Job Duties
- Helps students with record changes such as class withdrawals, change of majors and minors, and catalog updates. Manages classroom and event schedules. Provide support to students needing help or information on where to go or how to proceed for what they need. Administrative liaison for Student Services. Graduation prep and support.
- What do people think you do?
- Give bad news about room conflicts. Make them fill out long bureaucratic forms.
- What do you actually do?
- Help lost students by figuring out what they need, giving them the info they need, and calling around to find info if I don’t know.
- How long have you worked for the University?
- I’ve been working in COA Student Services for 12 years as of September.
- What is your favorite part of your job?
- Helping students and giving them the support they need.
- What is your favorite time of the day or week?
- Getting home to my dogs, cat, and fiancé.
- What do you think is your most important contribution to your area or the college?
- I remember being a new student at UL. I was full of anxiety and didn’t know my way around. I didn’t know the first step to get anything done, and I wished I had someone to patiently tell me the steps, what I needed, or where I needed to go. The experience made me want to be that for students today.
- What do you want the rest of the college to know about you?
- I received both a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a major in Marketing, and an MBA from UL. My dad and brother have also both received their MBAs from UL.
- What do you think that your co-workers would be surprised to learn about you?
- I was born in Canada and am a dual citizen.
- What is your favorite pastime or hobby?
- I am also an actress and love working on regional commercials, film, television, and projects with my filmmaker friends.
- Anything else you want to add to let us know you better?
- I love animals, superheroes, and curling up on the couch to watch a good movie. I have two White German Shepherds and a cat named Jinx who turned 13 in September.